Looking for a 4G/LTE Smart Door Lock Without Wi-Fi?

I’m searching for a smart door lock that operates on a 4G or LTE signal, bypassing the need for Wi-Fi. The idea is similar to how Arlo Cellular LTE cameras work, where you can register the device with a cellular provider like T-Mobile for a monthly charge, which is often more affordable than a Wi-Fi connection.

I’m setting this up for a rental property where I’m not physically present, and I’d like new tenants to move in seamlessly without needing to be on-site. The goal is to provide remote access after they’ve signed the lease. Before that, I’d like to offer temporary access for property viewings, which I can control remotely. Once they move in, I’d give them a permanent keycode.

To avoid paying monthly Wi-Fi fees while the property is vacant, and to keep the Wi-Fi service under the tenant’s responsibility, I’m looking for a lock that doesn’t require a Wi-Fi setup. However, I haven’t been able to find a smart door lock that operates purely on a cellular signal.

If anyone knows of such a product or has any advice, I’d greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi,
For a 4G/LTE smart door lock without Wi-Fi, consider options like the Lockly Secure Pro or August Smart Lock Pro with a 4G LTE gateway. These models offer remote access and control via cellular networks instead of Wi-Fi.

Here is an interesting way to go about it, my colleague just shared this with my friend, he said you can set up an Alarm.com hub and install a Z-Wave lock on the door(s) in order for it to work. The ideology is that the lock would communicate with the hub, which would then connect to Alarm.com using its built-in cellular radio. You can try it and get back since my friend hasn’t attempted yet. :smile: All the best!

1 Like

Since most smart locks rely on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for communication, finding a 4G/LTE smart door lock without Wi-Fi can be a little difficult. Nonetheless, a few solutions are appropriate for places without Wi-Fi as they employ cellular networks (4G/LTE) for remote access and monitoring. However, an option that you can consider is:
1.Igloohome Smart Locks: Igloohome offers a range of smart locks that operate without an internet connection by using a PIN code or Bluetooth. While they don’t natively support 4G/LTE, some models can be integrated with a separate cellular gateway for remote access.

That sounds like a great setup! Using an Alarm.com hub with a Z-Wave lock can definitely streamline home security and access management. The hub’s connectivity to Alarm.com via cellular radio should make for a reliable system. I’ll definitely give it a try and let you know how it works out. Thanks for sharing this idea!