Locked out of my safe... batteries dead and lost the key

I’m locked out of my safe because the batteries are dead, and I’ve lost the key. I’ve tried entering the code, but no luck. It’s a T6-331 model. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get it open?

If it’s a Sentry safe, you might be able to use a 9-volt battery to power the keypad. Look for a small cap near the keypad where you can connect the battery, and then try entering your code.

Steve said:
If it’s a Sentry safe, you might be able to use a 9-volt battery to power the keypad. Look for a small cap near the keypad where you can connect the battery, and then try entering your code.

I looked, but I don’t see anywhere to plug in a 9-volt battery on this model.

@Maurice
That’s odd. Some safes don’t have it on the outside. If it’s not there, you might need to contact the manufacturer for help or get a locksmith involved.

I had a similar issue, and I ended up calling the safe’s customer service. They were able to guide me through some troubleshooting steps, but I eventually had to get a new key ordered.

PixelPioneer said:
I had a similar issue, and I ended up calling the safe’s customer service. They were able to guide me through some troubleshooting steps, but I eventually had to get a new key ordered.

Yeah, I might have to do that. Hopefully, I can get it resolved soon.

If you’ve lost the key and the batteries are inside, you may have to go through customer service. They can help you get a replacement key or direct you to a locksmith.

Sometimes these safes have a hidden way to access the battery compartment, but if you’ve already checked, your best bet might be contacting Sentry or a locksmith.

I’d try calling customer service. They’ll know exactly how to help, especially with specific models like the T6-331.