Light socket security camera

Looking for Light Bulb Security Camera that meets my needs
My wife doesn’t want us to make any holes in the outside concrete wall.

We have three light bulb sockets on the front porch and on both sides of the garage door. Right now, we use smart bulbs, but we’re okay with using one for a security camera.

Here’s what we want:

• We don’t want to pay any monthly fees.
  • If there’s no free cloud storage, we’d prefer to store footage locally, like on a shared storage drive.
  • We want it to work with Google Assistant.

Do you have any ideas?

This type of security camera offers both illumination and surveillance simultaneously, enhancing home security.
Typically, these cameras can be directly screwed into a standard light socket to access the power required for operation.

1 Like

Guy you are really specific about the light camera you want :face_with_hand_over_mouth:!
Despite the numerous specifics, I would recommend you try:

• Galayou 360 Light Bulb Security Camera: This camera is common for its numerous functions and excellent affordability. It is also compact, discreet, and offers wide visibility, WiFi connectivity, two-way audio, and more.
  • RakeBlue Light Bulb Camera: This camera offers a 1080p resolution, color night vision, and two-way audio. It’s noted for its value and should be sufficient for most applications.
  • LaView 4 MP Bulb Security Camera: It has solid detection and motion-tracking capabilities, along with Starlight color night vision. It also supports Alexa, which indicates potential compatibility with Google Assistant.
  • Google Nest Cam (Battery): Despite not a light bulb camera, this camera does not require a subscription and is designed to work with Google Assistant, offering an alternative solution for the above cameras.

Finish your dealer to confirm on the cameras available and their specifications for a better experience.
Thank you

Take a look at these possibilities for a hassle-free security solution that works with Google Assistant and does not require a monthly fee:

Kuna Toucan: Has two-way communication, a siren, and adapts to existing light fixtures. It also supports SD card storage.
Check for local storage choices with the Sengled Smart LED with Camera, which combines a smart bulb and a camera.
Bulbcam: capability with Google Assistant, microSD recorder capability, fits standard sockets.
Before making a purchase, make sure the local storage and smart home connectivity aspects satisfy all of your demands.

Hey there!

I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s always a bit tricky when you’re trying to balance security needs with not wanting to drill holes in the walls – gotta keep peace at home, right?

Luckily, there are some great options out there that I think and believe should fit the bill for you!

First off, have you heard about light bulb security cameras? They’re pretty neat. You can swap out one of your existing smart bulbs for a camera bulb without any extra installation fuss. Plus, they blend right in with your regular lighting setup.

Now, onto your wishlist:

1. No monthly fees? You got it! Look for cameras with free cloud storage or the option to save footage locally, like on a microSD card or shared storage drive.

2. Google Assistant compatibility? Absolutely! Most modern security cameras work smoothly with Google Assistant, making it easy to integrate into your smart home setup.

As for specific recommendations, you might want to look into brands like Wyze, Arlo, or Ring. They offer a variety of options that should meet your needs without breaking the bank.

Hope this helps you find the perfect security solution for your home!