LED bulbs that shift to a warmer color when dimmed?

I have an issue with dimmable LED bulbs (both smart and standard) because the color temperature stays the same, no matter the brightness level. I am looking for something that behaves like incandescent bulbs, where the color temperature lowers (warmer) when dimmed and rises (cooler) when at full brightness. It feels odd and unpleasant to have a light dimmed to 5% but still producing 3000K or 2700K light. Does anyone know of a product that offers this effect?

1 Like

You might want to look into Philips Hue White Ambiance bulbs or LIFX White to Warm bulbs. Both offer tunable white light that adjusts color temperature as you dim them, mimicking the warm glow of incandescent bulbs. These options will give you that cozy, warm light at lower brightness levels.

2 Likes

I understand your concern. For a more natural light experience similar to incandescent bulbs, look for “tunable” or “dimming” LED bulbs designed to change color temperature with brightness. Brands like Philips and LIFX offer bulbs with this feature, providing a warmer light when dimmed and cooler light at full brightness.