Just bought a house with adt and Struggling to Disable Old ADT System

Unfortunately, the previous owner didn’t provide us with the code, and ADT won’t give it to us unless we sign up for their service, which we don’t want. I want to disable the system, but I can only find the panel. It looks like there’s also a GE system in the house. Does ADT use GE-branded security systems? I found the panel for the GE system and disconnected the battery, but that didn’t seem to affect the ADT system. I’m not sure what to do.

3 Likes

Here’s how you disable the existing home security systems.

To protect your family and your property, it’s critical to handle home security systems carefully. Generally speaking, a trained technician should disable an existing home security system, especially if it was installed by a reputable business like ADT, to prevent any unexpected effects or safety risks. Before installing your new Nest Security System, it is advised that you get in touch with ADT or a qualified security system installation to ensure the old system is properly removed and deactivated. This will guarantee a seamless transfer and the security of your house at all times.

1 Like

It would depend on the length of time the device was placed as well as the payment made at the time of installation. To ascertain the terms of the arrangement, I would go over the contract. Installing some of the things you wish to add isn’t too tough, and you have the option to use the equipment with another security provider. All it takes is the ability to do things yourself. However, I would grab the contract as soon as possible.