Issues with Honeywell Vista 20P and 6160RF pairing 5853 glass break sensors

I have a DIY security system using a Vista 20P with a 6160RF keypad. Most of the RF sensors (like door and motion sensors) are working perfectly – they were easy to set up and alert me as expected. But I’m having trouble with my 5853 glass break sensors. I’ve tried four different sensors with new batteries, but the panel won’t detect any of them when I use the tamper cover switch to test. When I manually enter the serial numbers, they show a Check error after a few hours. Otherwise, they seem to be working, entering test mode when triggered.

Here’s how I’m programming them:

• Installer code + 800 + *56
  • 0 to confirm
  • Zones 14-18
  • Zone type 3
  • Partition 1
  • RF trans = 3

What am I doing wrong?

When you use the tamper switch to enroll the glass break, it gets set as “4” (tamper). You need to change it to “1”.

stephane said:
When you use the tamper switch to enroll the glass break, it gets set as “4” (tamper). You need to change it to “1”.

That’s the problem. The panel won’t enroll the sensor using the tamper switch. I have the sensor open and the panel in enroll mode, but triggering the tamper doesn’t enroll it. I have to manually enter the serial number.

I’ll make sure it’s set to 1 in the enrollment page anyway.

When enrolling, keep an eye on it. When it chimes, a “4” will pop up. Just change that to a “1”.