Is This a Good Camera Choice?

Hello everyone,

I’m considering purchasing Amcrest cameras and would appreciate some insights regarding their performance, especially in terms of budget and quality. Currently, I’m using Blue Iris with a custom-built PC designed to handle up to 12 cameras at 8MP and 30fps, if necessary. My current setup includes a mix of Hikvision, Amcrest, and another brand I got for free, and in my experience, they all seem fairly comparable in terms of quality and specs.

I’m planning to standardize my setup by purchasing cameras that are all 8MP. I’m currently eyeing two Amcrest models, primarily due to their price points. However, I’m curious if the “Nightcolor” feature on one of these cameras makes a noticeable difference, especially given that it’s rated for 49ft compared to the 98ft rating of the other model. I’d appreciate any feedback or recommendations.

Here are the links to the cameras I’m considering:

1. Amcrest Nightcolor with Microphone

2. Amcrest 3840x2160 NightVision

Thanks in advance for your input!

The Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) IP PoE AI Camera is priced at $99.99. It features 49 feet of color night vision, a wide 129° field of view, and a built-in microphone. The camera provides 4K video at 15fps and includes dual night vision with LED and IR-LED for enhanced low-light performance. Designed for outdoor security, it is compatible with Amcrest Cloud, NVRs, and various software. It has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from 453 reviews.

This is a question you ask before you buy the camera.
The answer is it intieraly depends on your use base and what your needs and wants from a camera are.