Is there a smart light bulb with a motion sensor that works during the day?

I want to put a smart light bulb with a motion sensor in my walk-in closet. The closet is usually dark but gets some light during the day. I want the bulb to turn on whenever it senses motion, no matter if it’s day or night. The bulbs I’ve seen on Amazon all have a “Dusk to Dawn” sensor, which stops them from turning on during the day. Can anyone suggest a bulb without this sensor so it will work during the day if it detects motion? Thanks for your help!

You’re absolutely right! Those “dusk to dawn” motion sensor bulbs can be frustrating in a walk-in closet situation. While they’re great for patios and hallways, they’re not ideal for constantly lit areas that just need a little extra light when you walk in.

The good news is, you don’t need a special kind of bulb. Regular smart bulbs with built-in motion sensors will work perfectly for your closet!

For your walk-in closet, you’ll want a smart light bulb with a motion sensor that operates regardless of the ambient light conditions. Many bulbs marketed as “Dusk to Dawn” automatically adjust based on daylight, which won’t meet your needs. Instead, look for smart bulbs explicitly designed with motion sensors that don’t include a built-in “Dusk to Dawn” feature. Brands like Philips Hue, LIFX, Sengled, and Wyze offer smart bulbs with motion sensors that you can configure through their respective apps to activate based solely on motion detection, regardless of the time of day. Ensure the bulb is compatible with your smart home system (e.g., Alexa, Google Assistant, or a dedicated hub) for seamless integration and control.

I suggest purchasing a smart light bulb compatible with a separate motion sensor for your walk-in closet so that it may be turned on with motion detection during the day. Steer clear of light bulbs that have built-in dusk-to-dawn sensors because they will not meet your needs.

Look at products that enable pairing with standalone motion sensors from companies like TP-Link, LIFX, and Philips Hue. This will allow you to set the sensor in the ideal location and trigger the light to turn on day or night when motion is detected.

Just make sure the motion sensor you choose for your smart bulb system is compatible with it. You may equip your walk-in closet with automatic lighting using the appropriate parts.

Tell me if you require any further recommendations!