Is there a security camera without a monthly subscription?

Hey, :blush:

I am setting up a security system for my new home and was wondering if any security cameras don’t require a monthly subscription. :bulb: I would love to hear your recommendations and experiences with subscription-free options. :pray:

1 Like

Hello Fam, Yes, several excellent security camera options don’t require a monthly subscription, as they store footage locally on an SD card or built-in storage.

Popular Brands:

• Reolink: Offers wireless cameras with local storage.
  • Blink: Known for battery-powered cameras at affordable prices.
  • Wyze: Budget-friendly options with essential features.
  • Arlo: Offers both subscription and subscription-free models.

Key Features to Consider:

• Local Storage: Ensure the camera supports SD card or internal storage.
  • Video Quality: Opt for 1080p or higher resolution.
  • Night Vision: Crucial for monitoring in low light.
  • Motion Detection: Helps in reviewing footage.
  • Two-Way Audio: Allows communication via the camera.
1 Like

There are definitely security cameras available that do not require a monthly subscription. Examples are:

• Eufy Indoor Cam S350: This camera offers 4K resolution, local storage options, and features like pet detection without needing a subscription.
  • TP-Link Tapo C120: A versatile indoor/outdoor camera with local storage and no monthly fees.
  • Lorex 2K Indoor Camera: A great choice for local storage, this camera provides high-quality video without subscription costs.

I’m setting up a security system too and found that some cameras don’t require a monthly subscription. Options like Reolink and Amcrest offer cameras with local storage, meaning you can save footage to an SD card or a local hard drive without additional fees. These systems often provide good quality and flexibility without locking you into a subscription model. It’s great for those who want to avoid recurring costs and still have reliable security.