Is it worth investing in security doors?

Is a security door worth buying? If you have one, how has it helped you?

1 Like

Hello @Barbara! Investing in a security door can be a game-changer for your home’s safety. Not only does it act as a physical barrier against potential intruders, but it also provides peace of mind knowing that your family and belongings are better protected. Personally, having a security door has given me an added layer of security, especially when I’m away from home or at night. It’s reassuring to know that my home is fortified against unwanted guests, and it’s definitely been worth the investment for me.

1 Like

In today’s world where crime is rampant, investing in security doors will be the best option for homeowners.
I have no personal experience with the doors since am just a student staying in that campus hostel:grinning:
But you can check this blog to learn more about the advantages of the security doors: Are Steel Security Doors Worth It? | Security Door Installation.

It is definitely worth investing in a security door especially in neighbourhoods that report high theft and burglary rates. I live in such an environment and acquiring a security door has boosted my safety exponentially.

Yeah they’re worth it. People can always just break in a window but it’s harder and risks injury to themselves a good door that’s reinforced is a very good deterrent. Chances are they’ll try to kick through several times fail and then move on to another house that’s easier. If they’re determined there’s nothing you can really do, but layers of security to deter and slow down intruders is a must.

Door armor(complete door reinforcement system) and a steel door is what you need, as well as nice schlage hardware, it’s not too expensive to set up. If you really want to go a little higher end and it’s not crazy just like 600ish plus installation, theres a specific door on home depot that is CRAZY secure.

It looks decent and is primed to be painted, it’s a 6 panel door. It’s 16 gauge welded steel frame 20 gauge steel door all pre-hung. Here’s a link. You can change it to out/in swing during installation. I don’t recommend having glass in your doors if you want it to be secure

Yes it is. Despite of the fact that investing in one is more expensive than other alternatives, having security doors boost your general safety greatly.