I need three cameras that can withstand the weather, record 24/7, and have night vision

The number of options out there is overwhelming. I’m open to paying for a subscription if needed, but I want something that’s truly worth the investment. Any recommendations?

Not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford it, I’d recommend getting a Reolink POE wired system with an NVR. Always opt for a unit that supports twice as many cameras as you need. For example, an NVR designed for only 4 cameras might struggle when all 4 detect motion simultaneously, especially with wind blowing. An 8-camera NVR, however, has a bigger CPU to handle more image traffic and processing. This way, having all four cameras active at once won’t overload the system.

Is there a cheap option?

For a more affordable option, you can insert an SD card into each Reolink camera, depending on how many days of recording you need.

I highly recommend the Lorex Fusion systems, which can easily meet your needs. Choose models with smart detection and Ethernet-based IP cameras. While their customer support is decent, firmware updates are nonexistent. You can often find these cameras used for much less than the retail price. You’ll receive instant notifications when someone is outside your door, and there’s no subscription required. Additionally, the system works well offline.

Lorex hardware is manufactured by Dahua. If you’re willing to invest a bit more, consider Dahua directly, as they provide regular firmware updates.

Many brands offer these functions in their basic cameras, including dome cams, bullet cams, and pan-and-tilt cams. You might want to try out all three types to see which one best suits your needs.