I need serious guidance on POE security camera system

I’m feeling pretty lost trying to pick out security cameras. Even though I’m good with tech stuff, there are just so many options out there. Right now, I have some Google Nest cameras, but they’re not working as well as I hoped. The alerts come in too late, and when I try to watch what happened, it’s all glitchy.

I’ve heard that cameras you plug into the wall might work better. But it’s hard to pick which recording system to go with.

I’m thinking of using Blue Iris on a small computer. But I’m not crazy about having a computer on all the time, and I don’t like the noise it makes. Still, from what I’ve looked into, Blue Iris seems to work well with lots of different cameras.

Here’s what I want:

• Cameras that record all the time
  • Really good night vision
  • Cameras that can tell if there’s a person, animal, or car, and even recognize faces
  • Alerts that come to my phone fast, and show me a quick video of what happened
  • When I open the alert on my phone, I want to see what happened right away
  • Cameras that I can talk through
  • Cameras that can make noise or flash lights if something’s wrong
  • Being able to see all my cameras on my phone or computer
  • Cameras that are easy for anyone in my family to use
  • No yearly fees for saving the recordings

I’m also thinking of getting a video doorbell. The Hikvision one seems pretty good, and I can connect it to the same recording system. If you have any tips or suggestions, especially if there’s something I should watch out for, let me know.

Hey HyperSphinx! For a solid PoE camera system, check out brands like Reolink or Hikvision and consider using Blue Iris on a mini-PC or NVR for 24/7 recording and instant alerts. Make sure to choose cameras with great night vision and AI features for person, animal, and car detection.

Choose a reputable brand (e.g., Hikvision, Dahua, Reolink). Ensure high resolution (1080p+), night vision, and weatherproofing. Plan placement, use Cat5e/Cat6 cables, and configure motion detection.