I need recommendations on the best home security camera system

I’m having a tough time finding a good home security camera system, and I could really use some suggestions.

Just had a bad experience with a Lorex system—it was a total dud, and Lorex wouldn’t give me a refund or let me exchange it. That put a dent in my budget, so now I’m looking for something cheaper, like between $350 and $500.

I want a wired system, not Wi-Fi, with clear picture quality, a user-friendly phone app, and good night vision. But honestly, reading reviews online has left me feeling unsure because everything seems to get trashed.

If any of you have used a home security camera system that fits the bill and actually liked it, I’d love to hear about it.

2 Likes

After your frustrating experience with Lorex, I understand why you’re seeking a reliable yet budget-friendly surveillance system. Based on your needs, I’d recommend the Reolink 8CH PoE Security Camera System. It’s a solid choice that offers clear picture quality, an easy-to-use mobile app, and excellent night vision capabilities.With Reolink, you’ll get peace of mind without breaking the bank. Hopefully, this option will restore your confidence in surveillance systems​:heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

Reolink RLK8-410B4 - Smart 8-CH PoE NVR System with 4 Cams | Reolink Official

3 Likes

The cost of the camera should not fool you, because all the security camera serves the same purpose.

However I can recommend - Wyze Cam v4 - for you.

It is the best for your Budget.

1 Like

Hey buddy, I feel your pain! Lorex left a bad taste in my mouth too, I wouldn’t recommend them. On the bright side, there are some decent wired systems in your budget. Right now I’m using a Zmodo system – it’s around $400 and has been pretty solid. The picture quality is good, especially at night, and the app is easy to use. Reviews can be brutal online, but this one has worked well for me, so maybe check it out.

I am sorry to learn of your Lorex problem. Getting a solid security camera system at a reasonable price can be difficult.

Consider these options if you have $350 to $500 to spend on a wired system that has good night vision, easy to use, and crisp images:

The Reolink RLK8-410B4 is a fantastic choice for nighttime use because of its easy setup, four HD cameras, user-friendly software, and superb night vision.

The Amcrest 4K System features intuitive software, sophisticated night vision, and high-resolution UltraHD cameras. It offers excellent quality and features but may push your budget a little.

Ugh, that sounds like a terrible experience with Lorex.

Don’t worry, there are definitely good wired camera systems in your budget (around $350-$500) that can offer what you need.

Online reviews can be overwhelming, but I can share some options and resources that might help.

Wired connection for stability, clear picture quality, user-friendly app, and good night vision - those are all great points to consider.

Wired systems generally offer better reliability than Wi-Fi, especially for night vision.

Thanx shall try this definitely

This one is a noooo for me :rofl: