I need help with contrast setting DSC PK5501

I recently moved into a house with a DSC PK5501 keypad in the bedroom, but the brightness is disrupting my sleep. I’ve tried adjusting it by pressing *6, master code, and then using the right arrow to lower the brightness. Although it does change, when I set it to 0 brightness and press # to save, it doesn’t seem to retain my choice. Does anyone have a solution for this issue? Thanks!

Sounds like the brightness setting isn’t saving on your DSC PK5501 keypad. Here’s a possible fix:

Try this: @VigilanceVoyager

After adjusting brightness with *6, code, >, press [#] twice to save.

@VigilanceVoyager If brightness settings on the DSC PK5501 keypad don’t save, try resetting it or updating its software. Check the manual or call support for help.

It seems like your DSC PK5501 keypad isn’t saving your brightness settings, even after adjusting them. First, try unplugging the power source and plugging it back in to reset the keypad. If that doesn’t work, you can try a factory reset by entering *8, your installer code (default is 5555), and then 902. Check the wiring to ensure there are no loose connections. If the issue persists, it’s best to contact a professional alarm technician for further assistance.