I need a camera that doesn't send information to the Chinese government

I just had a really frustrating time trying to make this camera from China work. It’s not doing what I need it to, so I’m searching for a different camera.

Here’s what I need:

1. I don’t want to have to install any apps. That’s the most important thing for me.
  2. I want to set it up using a website or by writing some simple instructions to a memory card, then I can watch a live video on VLC.
  3. I don’t want it sending any information back to China or anywhere else. It should only work on my home network.
  4. I don’t want to pay for a subscription.
  5. It needs to work outside and be able to handle different weather conditions.
  6. Wireless would be nice, but it’s okay if it needs to be plugged in with a cable.
  7. I want the video quality to be at least 1080p.
  8. It’s okay if it can pick up audio, but it doesn’t need to have two-way talking.
  9. It can be powered through an ethernet cable or plugged into an outlet.
  10. It would be good if it has night vision capabilities.
  11. And finally, I don’t want it to be too expensive. I’m willing to spend up to $200.

It sounds like you’re looking for a reliable and easy-to-use camera for your specific needs. Here are a few options that might meet your requirements:

1. Wyze Cam v3: This camera offers 1080p HD video quality, works outdoors, has night vision, and can be set up without the need for apps. It can be powered through an outlet or an ethernet cable with an adapter. It’s also affordable, priced at under $50.
  2. Amcrest 1080P WiFi Camera: This camera provides 1080p video quality, works outdoors, and has night vision. It can be set up using a website and does not require app installation. It’s priced around $50 to $70.
  3. Reolink Argus 2: This wireless camera offers 1080p video quality, works outdoors, has night vision, and can be set up without apps. It’s powered by rechargeable batteries or a solar panel, providing flexibility in placement. It’s priced around $100 to $120.
  4. Blink Outdoor: This camera offers 1080p video quality, works outdoors, and has night vision. It can be set up without the need for apps and is battery-powered for wireless operation. It’s priced around $100 to $120.

These cameras should meet your requirements for easy setup, local network use, and affordability. Be sure to check the specific features and compatibility before making a purchase.

It appears that you have privacy concerns and are searching for a dependable, easy-to-use camera with particular characteristics. In light of your preferences, I would advise looking at cameras from reliable manufacturers that are renowned for their simple setup procedures and emphasis on privacy. Seek for models that provide easy-to-follow directions for setting without the need to install apps, or web-based setup alternatives. Make sure the camera only connects to your home network and can be viewed in real time using VLC. Verify if the product is waterproof, has 1080p video quality, and is reasonably priced. Companies such as Wyze or Eufy may provide good choices.