How to Automate smart home

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here, though I have been following some YouTube channels on Home Automation for a while. I have just bought my first house and now have the freedom to make changes, but I am not sure where to start.

I am willing to follow tutorials, but I would appreciate your input. What are the first things I should automate? I know light bulbs are an obvious choice, but what else should I consider? Any cool ideas?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Do you have any idea about Alexa from those YouTube videos? If not here is a guide you can try out.
To automate your smart home with Alexa routines, you can set up simple actions based on one condition, like a specific time or an event from a connected device (e.g., a ring sensor). For more complex setups, you’ll need to use IFTTT or Home Assistant.

Also, remember that Alexa commands can override these routines.

Invest in GU10 or E27 fitting lights and consider replacing the lighting setup in various areas of your home. Here are some suggested starting points: dining table, kitchen, living room, nightstands, and office. Begin with just one area to start slowly, preferably with at least two lights.

My goal was to automate my home, excluding wifi and internet devices for dependability and smaller players for long-term maintenance. ultimately decided on Loxone after considering Qbus and Niko home automation. an Austrian business offering excellent assistance and direct sales channels. Numerous features and an expanding selection for residential and commercial use, including shops, apartment buildings, hotels, etc.

Because of their ease of use, free software upgrades, expanding automation offering, etc., I can only suggest them. Though not the least expensive, it works with KNX and other manufacturers.