How do I get Alexa to initiate party lights with a command?

In two different rooms, I have successfully set up my lights to function with Alexa albeit this brand was the least complicated configuration I have gone through.

But even though I can ask Alexa to change the lights to a certain hue, I can’t get it to use any of the scenes from the native app for the bulbs. Specifically, I would like to be able to get it to cycle between random colors that the app labels as colorful, but Alexa doesn’t recognize them.

To connect your smart light bulb to Alexa:
Open the Alexa app .
Open Devices .
Select the plus icon .
Select Add Device.
Select Light and then select the brand you want to connect.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can go in the app and add those modes you want, then Alexa should find scenes for that.

Alexa might not directly control your fancy light scenes, but don’t worry ! Here are ways to get your party on:

1. Check for an Alexa Skill from your light bulb brand - like a magic trick
  2. Recreate the scene in Alexa app: Pick colors like a painter , set them to cycle with “Effect.” :sparkles:
  3. Make a Routine: Say a fun phrase, “Alexa, let’s party!” to trigger your custom scene
  4. Explore 3rd party apps (might be trickier )

These workarounds should have your lights grooving to the beat in no time ️!

1 Like

The only way to get Alexa to do this would be to create a scene within the treatlife app and then see if those scenes transfer over to the Alexa app. You would then create an Alexa routine that would play the scene you created when you do a certain action or use a voice command.

If they don’t, the only other way I can think of would be to create an Alexa routine and individually select the color of each bulb through the Alexa app. While the bulbs would all be different colors, you’d be unable to use any sort of color changing modes. You would be able to accomplish a “party mode” by using this method, but only with static colors.

I’ve had this same issue with my govee light strips, my scenes don’t transfer from the govee app to Alexa so I had to program static colors into a routine through the Alexa app. I also have some LIFX bulbs and those scenes DO transfer to the Alexa app but still unable to do color changing scenes. It’s just all about finding a brand with a good app that also allows the transfer of scenes to the Alexa app. Hope this helps!

1 Like