How do I change the code on my Schlage keypad?

I just bought a house with a Schlage keypad lock and want to change the code. I think it’s model FE695CEN LAT. Does anyone know the steps to do this? I have the current code but no idea how to reset it.

Yeah, I’ve got the same model. You’ll need the 6-digit programming code to change the user code. It’s usually on a sticker on the back of the keypad or in the manual. Once you have that, you enter the programming code, press the Schlage button, and then press 1 to add a new user code.

@Wes
Gotcha, I see the programming code on the back of the keypad. What do I do after pressing 1?

tonymorgan said:
@Wes
Gotcha, I see the programming code on the back of the keypad. What do I do after pressing 1?

After pressing 1, enter your new 4-digit code. Then, enter the same code again to confirm. The lock should beep, and the Schlage button will flash green if it works.

Make sure the new code isn’t the first 4 digits of your programming code, it won’t let you use that.

If you’re still having trouble, it might be worth checking the battery too. Low battery can sometimes cause issues with setting new codes.

Paris said:
If you’re still having trouble, it might be worth checking the battery too. Low battery can sometimes cause issues with setting new codes.

Good point, I’ll check the battery if the code reset doesn’t work. Thanks.

I followed a YouTube video when I had to change mine. It walks you through the whole process step by step. Maybe try searching for a tutorial?

Ross said:
I followed a YouTube video when I had to change mine. It walks you through the whole process step by step. Maybe try searching for a tutorial?

I’ll look for one. Thanks for the tip, sometimes it’s easier to watch it being done.