Honeywell Ademco Vista 21p Panel Lights Off

Hello everyone,

I have a Honeywell Ademco Vista 21p system, and I’ve noticed that the lights (armed and ready) on the panel are off. The message on the panel shows “not ready.” When I pressed the * key to display the code, it indicated that the issue is with my door. However, my door is securely closed and locked.

I recently changed my door, and I’m wondering if that could be causing this issue. What should I do next? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Changed the door,and now Can’t set Burg system, hmmmm😄

My bad I guess. Truly because I have not noticed anything like a magnet on my door so I thought I only had the motion sensor and it would not be a problem to change the door well maybe I have more stuff there I was not aware off.

Did you swap over both components ( magnet & the sensor) when replacing the door? Are your sensors hardwired or wireless?

When the contractors removed the old door there was nothing there I think. I have not notice anything like a magnet on the old door. My understanding is that the security company installed the keypad and the motion sensor but they didn’t say anything about a sensor in the frame or on the door.

The door most likely does have a sensor, as your system is saying there’s a fault.

If you’re not sure, best to call the security company and have them check it out.

If you can just call the security company out and have them service it, they will know what to look for. Most people do not when it comes to security systems.