Home Camera from China

I’m considering buying a cheap security camera from Amazon (Sehmua) to monitor my chicken coop and other outdoor areas.

I’m not too concerned about people seeing the outside of my home. My main worry is that using these Chinese cameras (and potentially their associated apps) might grant access to my WiFi network.

I understand some might argue that if they wanted access, they could get it through my phone. However, I’m trying to avoid making it easier for them by providing direct access to my router.

Feel free to explain if my concerns seem paranoid. I’m 35 and have limited knowledge of network accessibility.

You can link it to your router’s guest network, if you can set one up. It won’t be able to check for vulnerabilities over the remainder of your home network, for example. You can purchase superior hardware that enables you to designate unique subnets for each of your untrusted devices if you want to delve deeper into networking.

Worried a cheap Chinese camera might expose your home Wi-Fi? You’re right to be cautious!

• These cameras might have weak security, making it easier for hackers to access your network.
  • Some Chinese apps might collect more data than you realize.

Here are your options:

• Research the brand (Sehmua) for security practices.
  • Set up a separate Wi-Fi network for the camera.
  • Consider established security camera brands for better security.

A little extra spent on a reputable camera can give you peace of mind!

CCTV Camera

• Cctv Security Camera.
  • Ptz Cctv Camera.
  • Ip Cctv Camera.
  • Pipe Inspection Camera.
  • Bullet Cctv Camera.
  • Wifi Cctv Camera.
  • Dome Cctv Camera.
  • Thermal Imaging Camera.