Has Anyone Used The Touch Screen TV?

I’m thinking about upgrading my living room setup and considering getting a touch screen TV. Has anyone here used one? How do they compare to regular smart TVs I’ve been using a regular smart TV for a while, and I’m curious about the differences. How’s the experience with a touch screen TV in terms of ease of use and overall functionality? Are there any significant pros or cons you’ve noticed? Also, how does it handle fingerprints and smudges? Any feedback or recommendations would be really appreciated!

3 Likes

Yes, many people have used touch screen TVs, which offer interactive features for navigation, browsing, gaming, and more. They are increasingly popular in homes, offices, and educational settings for their intuitive user interface and versatility in entertainment and productivity tasks.

2 Likes

Touchscreen TVs are a relatively niche product compared to regular smart TVs.

Breakdown of the key differences to help you decide:

Regular Smart TV vs. Touchscreen TV

Interaction:

• Regular Smart TV: Uses remote controls for navigation and control.
  • Touchscreen TV: Allows direct interaction with the screen, like a giant tablet.

Ease of Use:

• Regular Smart TV: Generally considered easier to use, especially for those comfortable with traditional remote controls. Minimal learning curve.
  • Touchscreen TV: Can be intuitive for those familiar with tablets or smartphones. However, navigating menus and using apps on a large screen can feel less precise compared to a smaller handheld device. Some users report accidental touches while walking by the screen.

Functionality:

• Regular Smart TV: Offers core functionalities like streaming apps, limited web browsing, and gaming with consoles.
  • Touchscreen TV: Might offer additional features that leverage the touchscreen, such as drawing apps or interactive games. However, app selection specifically designed for a large touchscreen TV might be limited.

Pros and Cons of Touchscreen TVs

Pros:

• Interactive Experience: Can be a fun and engaging way to interact with certain apps or games.
  • No Remote Needed: Convenient if you frequently lose or misplace the remote.

Cons:

• Price: Generally more expensive than comparable-sized regular smart TVs.
  • Fingerprints and Smudges: Touchscreens are prone to fingerprints and smudges, which can be distracting on a large screen. Frequent cleaning might be necessary.
  • Limited App Selection: Touch-optimized apps for large screens might be limited compared to regular smart TVs.
  • Durability Concerns: Constant screen touching might raise concerns about screen damage or reduced responsiveness over time.

Fingerprints and Smudges:

• Touchscreens do attract fingerprints and smudges easily. Some TVs come with anti-fingerprint coatings, but regular cleaning is likely necessary to maintain a clear picture.

Recommendation

If you’re happy with your regular smart TV and its remote control functionality, there’s no urgent need to upgrade to a touchscreen model. However, if you’re intrigued by the interactive experience and don’t mind the potential downsides, a touchscreen TV could be a fun addition to your living room.

Additional Considerations

• Usage Habits: Do you see yourself primarily using streaming apps and traditional TV, or do you crave a more interactive experience?
  • Content Consumption: Research the availability of touchscreen-optimized apps and games that interest you.
  • Budget: Touchscreen TVs can be significantly more expensive.
2 Likes

I should warn you that the majority of the touchscreen smart board devices I have worked with are fairly heavy. Significantly greater than what an identical-sized TV would be. About one hundred pounds is the Newline I described earlier.

1 Like

LOL! I actually have a 65" Newline Interactive HD touchscreen that I could give to you at a reasonable price if you lived in Virginia or a nearby state! I acquired two from a North Carolina school district that was updating its technology.

The company I know the most about is Newline, and the two that I own are excellent. However, they cost a lot now.

1 Like

My response is a big nay. Purchase a high-resolution screen to accommodate the content, unless you prefer less or the least.

1 Like

Hello guys, ok @Rowen i like your explanation but stop explaining too much.