Forgotten Password for DVR 4104B ELN

I lost access to my DVR 4104B ELN, and I can’t remember the password since it was set about 10 years ago. I used a VGA cable and monitor to check if the cameras are still functioning, and some are still operational. However, the default login credentials (admin - 123456) are not working.

I haven’t been able to locate a reset button on the device, and I don’t think it has one. The online guide I found doesn’t mention anything about resetting the password, though it does reference another guide that I couldn’t locate.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can reset this specific DVR?

Here are a few options to reset the password on your DVR 4104B ELN:

1. Check the manual: Review the manual again for any password reset instructions, as they might be listed in an unexpected section.
  2. Contact the manufacturer: Reach out to the DVR manufacturer for guidance on resetting the password. They may assist you with instructions or perform a remote reset.
  3. Try default passwords: Besides “admin” and “123456”, test other common defaults like “password”, “1234”, or “0000”.
  4. Hard reset: If needed, perform a hard reset. This will erase all data but restore access. Follow the manual or contact the manufacturer for details.
  5. Professional assistance: If resetting fails, consider hiring a technician with expertise in security systems to help.