EZVIZ Camera Disarming and Moving on Its Own—Need Urgent Help

Hey y’all…

I’ve been using four EZVIZ cameras at home without any issues for years, but recently, one of them—the one pointed at the entrance—has started acting up. It keeps disarming and moving to a blank spot where it can’t see anything.

This is happening at my dad’s house. He recently passed away, and there were people who stole from him and knew his passwords and personal information (they used to work for him). I’ve already changed the EZVIZ account email and password, and I set up two-factor authentication, but the issue keeps happening almost daily, especially at night. The camera moves and disarms itself, and I’m really worried they still have some kind of access through the app or another method.

I’ve tried contacting EZVIZ support, but they haven’t been helpful. I’m desperate for any advice or suggestions on how to stop this from happening. If anyone has dealt with something similar or knows how I can secure the camera, please let me know.

I’m really sorry you’re dealing with this, especially during such a tough time. It sounds like you’ve already taken some solid steps to secure your EZVIZ account, but the persistent issues with the camera are understandably concerning. Since EZVIZ support hasn’t been much help, I’d recommend doing a complete factory reset on that particular camera to clear any potential access someone else might have. After resetting, set it up as a new device with a completely different network name and password, if possible. Also, check your network for any unknown devices connected, as someone could be accessing it through your WiFi. If the issue persists, you might want to consider replacing the camera with a new one just for peace of mind. It’s definitely worth exploring other security camera brands known for better support and security features as well. Stay safe!