Eave mount motion sensor light

I’ve been on the hunt for motion-sensing floodlights lately. My plan is to install one on each corner of my house. The problem is, the junction boxes in the soffit where I want to mount them don’t seem compatible with most reasonably priced options, which are primarily designed for wall mounting. In the Q&A sections, I often see people asking if these lights work when mounted on the soffit, and the consistent response is that the motion sensor doesn’t function as effectively in that setup. I’m hoping to find a solution without breaking the bank - ideally, I don’t want to spend more than $400. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I’ve been shopping for motion-sensing floodlights for my house. I plan to install one on each corner. When the house was built, they installed junction boxes in the soffit. However, most affordable motion sensor lights are designed for wall mounting. In nearly every Q&A section, someone asks if the light works mounted on the soffit, and the answer is always that the motion sensor doesn’t work as well that way. I need help finding a solution. My budget is $400.

2 Likes

Look for motion-sensing floodlights with adjustable heads. While they may be designed for wall mounting, what do you think about that?

1 Like

If you’re handy with DIY projects, you could potentially modify or build your own mounting brackets to adapt wall-mounted floodlights for soffit installation. This could be a more cost-effective option compared to purchasing specialized soffit-compatible floodlights.

Consider the LEPOWER 35W LED Security Lights with Motion Sensor. These lights are adjustable, allowing you to tilt them downward for effective motion detection even when mounted on the soffit. They provide bright illumination and have a wide motion detection range, making them suitable for corner mounting. I’ve recommended these lights to a friend who faced a similar issue with soffit mounting, and they found them to be highly effective. The motion sensor worked well, providing reliable detection despite the unconventional mounting position. Plus, they were affordable and within budget, making them a practical solution without compromising on quality.

1 Like

Is it preferable to purchase a single sensor, two light sockets, and a three-hole cover? If you’re attempting to cut costs?