DSC Neo and Home Automation with HSM2208 (Output Module)

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to install a new system in a new build, and I’m trying to figure out what to order.

Background:

• I’m very technical and want full programming access. I intend to tinker with the system quite a bit.
  • The setup will include a mix of around 20 hardwired and 20 wireless zones across several partitions/buildings.
  • I need proximity card-style arming/disarming.
  • The system needs to be tied to a UL or similar monitoring solution, as it will be deployed in Canada. It must run over both LTE and IP.
  • I want a local method for arming/disarming and getting zone-specific status information.

I’ve looked into the EyesOn Uno, which seems promising, but I had to dig to find user manuals, and there isn’t much official documentation for some of the accessories they offer, which is a bit concerning. Also, I’m not sure if their system supports proxy tags in a practical way.

As an alternative, I’m considering the DSC Neo with several HSM2208 modules (8-port output boards). My idea is to have the Neo mirror zone status, along with events like burglary, fire, water, CO, arm status, etc., each through an individual output port. I would then feed these outputs from the HSM2208 boards into a GPIO to integrate with other systems.

Can anyone familiar with DSC’s ecosystem and DLS confirm if this is a viable approach?

Additionally, is there any “official” way to obtain a legitimate copy of DSC’s software?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Likes

For those who are concerned about home automation, the encrypted keypad bus on the DSC Neo makes it a terrible option. I would choose the Envisalink EVL-4 or a Vista 20p with an AlarmDecoder.

1 Like

Complete prox tag support is provided by DSC Neo, and they have developed a communicator with a free app called Connect. The PGMs will function precisely as you have indicated, however keep in mind that since they are negative switches, an intervening relay board could be necessary. Simply request a log-in and download the DLS5 software from their website for free. Since you indicated that you are in Canada, you should purchase your equipment from Aartech, a reputable DSC dealer that offers manufacturer warranties.