DSC alarm system won't stop beeping... how do I turn it off?

I have a DSC alarm system that hasn’t been used for years, but now it won’t stop beeping. I’ve tried all the codes I know, but nothing works. It’s driving me crazy! Does anyone know how I can stop this?

Sounds like it could be a low battery issue. You might need to replace the battery in the control box. It’s usually located in a closet or near the keypad.

Grant said:
Sounds like it could be a low battery issue. You might need to replace the battery in the control box. It’s usually located in a closet or near the keypad.

I haven’t changed the battery in years. I’ll check the control box and see if that helps.

If it’s beeping every 10 seconds or so, it might be in trouble mode. Press the # button to silence the beeping temporarily. You’ll still need to address the battery issue.

Casey said:
If it’s beeping every 10 seconds or so, it might be in trouble mode. Press the # button to silence the beeping temporarily. You’ll still need to address the battery issue.

Pressing # worked for a bit, but it started beeping again. I’ll try removing the battery completely until I get a replacement.

Once you’ve removed the battery, you can try pressing the *2 button to check for any trouble codes on the keypad. That might tell you what’s wrong.

If the beeping is unbearable, you can also unplug the system from the wall or turn off the fuse that powers it. That’ll stop the beeping until you can replace the battery.

Same thing happened to me. Replacing the battery fixed it right away. You can get a new one for about $15 online or at an electronics store.