Does PowerG offer a garage/tilt sensor?

I have an IQ4 panel from my dealer that only supports PowerG devices, but I haven’t been able to find a garage or tilt sensor that is compatible. Does PowerG manufacture such sensors, or are there any alternative solutions you would recommend?

1 Like

DSC does not make a power g tilt sensor.

1 Like

Are there any available options? Could I use a Z-Wave tilt sensor and connect it to the panel through Z-Wave?

1 Like

Just attach a regular door contact to a hinge so it swings open when the garage door is lifted. It’s a simple and effective solution that many people use—no need to overcomplicate things.

1 Like

Does your IQ4 panel support IQ sensors?

1 Like

Which panel are you using? The IQ4 supports dual RF, while the HUB and NS versions only support PowerG.

1 Like

I have the IQP4120 kit, which is labeled for PowerG. I might be mistaken, but it seems to be a specific model.

1 Like

https://qolsys.com/iq-panel-4-kit/

2 Likes

PowerG does not currently manufacture garage or tilt sensors, but you can consider alternative solutions like using a PowerG door/window sensor paired with a tilt sensor to achieve similar functionality. Alternatively, explore third-party integrations or consult your dealer for compatible devices that might work with your IQ4 panel.

1 Like