DIY Alarm System without Subscription?

I’m looking for a hardware system that can set off an alarm and notify a cell phone in the event of a burglary. I need sensors for a couple of windows and doors. I don’t want to pay subscription fees and can handle the hardware and software setup myself. What are my options? What do you recommend?

hi its hard to find one these days if you get its a scam

Ring might look like a good choice, but you have to pay each month for some of its benefits. Consider something like SimpliSafe if you want a home protection system that doesn’t cost a lot of money. It’s easy to set up, there are no contracts, and you can change it to suit your needs.

You should probably check out the Honeywell Vista 20 alarm system kit.
This system can do up to 8 hardwired zones.
Off-topic, other than burglary, the system can also help you monitor a myriad of other things such as smoke and fire, temperature, flooding, and carbon monoxide.
My neighbor installed one in his house. I did not get into the specifics but it was somewhat complicated for me.
All I know is that the Honeywell Vista systems are also capable of accommodating home automation such as control lighting, thermostats, locks, and blind/shade controls.
Also, my neighbor mentioned something about the Honeywell’s onboard programmable trigger outputs which can help you add extra sirens or trigger other devices like lights based on system status.

I agree with BH Photo and POE cameras. Setting up and configuring most NVR (Network Video Recorder) systems is usually straightforward and simple.