Can't Reset My ADT DBC835-V2 Doorbell Camera… Anyone Else Having Issues?

My doorbell camera (ADT DBC835-V2) hasn’t been working for a few weeks now. I can’t seem to factory reset it (the red light won’t blink continuously). Without resetting it, I can’t get it to pair with my ADT Command system again. I’ve already removed it from the app. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Try turning it off and back on. Wait for the red light to blink, then press and hold the red button on the back until you hear a bell sound.

SecureNestNetwork said:
Try turning it off and back on. Wait for the red light to blink, then press and hold the red button on the back until you hear a bell sound.

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but it just won’t blink red continuously. The only blinking I get is 3 times red, followed by blue when it’s unplugged, showing loss of power.

Vera said:

SecureNestNetwork said:

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but it just won’t blink red continuously. The only blinking I get is 3 times red, followed by blue when it’s unplugged, showing loss of power.

I’m having the same issue—did you ever manage to fix it?

Mariana said:

Vera said:
SecureNestNetwork said:

I’m having the same issue—did you ever manage to fix it?

I eventually got it to work, but I can’t remember the exact steps. I followed some advice from a forum, but nothing was working until it suddenly did. Also, around this time, my battery pack needed replacing, which might’ve helped.

Are you still subscribed to ADT’s monitoring service? They might need to remove it from the back end of your account so you can reinstall it. If you’re paying for their service, make them help you!

Jane said:
Are you still subscribed to ADT’s monitoring service? They might need to remove it from the back end of your account so you can reinstall it. If you’re paying for their service, make them help you!

Yes, I am subscribed. I’ll give them a call and see if they can do that.

Is your network dual-band? Do you have both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz? Did you change your Wi-Fi name or password recently?

SafeHouseSociety said:
Is your network dual-band? Do you have both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz? Did you change your Wi-Fi name or password recently?

It’s dual-band, but nothing has changed with the Wi-Fi. Never had any issues before.

Vera said:

SafeHouseSociety said:

It’s dual-band, but nothing has changed with the Wi-Fi. Never had any issues before.

Try splitting the network so the 2.4 GHz has the same name and password, but the 5.0 GHz has a different one. This way, the doorbell will only connect to the 2.4 GHz network. Those cameras can only work on 2.4 GHz, so when the router tries to steer the doorbell to 5.0, it causes issues.

Sorry for jumping in late, but did you ever get it resolved? I’m facing the same problem, and every time I call ADT, they try everything to avoid sending someone out.

Brianna said:
Sorry for jumping in late, but did you ever get it resolved? I’m facing the same problem, and every time I call ADT, they try everything to avoid sending someone out.

No, I haven’t had much luck yet, but it’s not on my primary door, so I haven’t pursued it hard. I tried again recently and got a little further, but still no success.

Vera said:

Brianna said:

No, I haven’t had much luck yet, but it’s not on my primary door, so I haven’t pursued it hard. I tried again recently and got a little further, but still no success.

I’ve been on the phone with them non-stop. My issue is the setup Wi-Fi works, but any motion interrupts the process and kills the connection. So frustrating!

If the doorbell is flashing red and blue, go into the ADT Control app and remove the device. Then, go to ‘Add Device’ and select ‘Camera’ instead of ‘Doorbell.’ You should be able to re-add it that way. Once it’s paired with a system, it won’t reset fully on its own.