Can I make my smart bulb stay off when the power comes back on? Read for details…

leecole3 said:
@Santiago
It’s hardwired, and it’s not even a bulb—it’s an LED panel. So I can’t unscrew it!

Seems like a complicated setup. Any other ways to reset the lights?

leecole3 said:
@Reese
Unfortunately, my setup doesn’t have a wall switch. Everything is directly wired into the ceiling.

Wow, that sounds pretty intense. What kind of setup is this? Like a ceiling light with a wireless switch?

@Trey
Exactly. Imagine a ceiling light, but with no physical switch, just a wireless one.

@Reese
If you’re using the Dirigera hub from Ikea, their latest app supports this feature.

leecole3 said:
@Sydney
Philips Hue bulbs allow this for sure, but I’ve heard that Ikea bulbs don’t.

All my Ikea bulbs can do this with those same three options. I have both old and new models, but I’m using third-party software, so that might be why it’s working for me.

@Rachel
Unfortunately, I don’t have any way to set that up.

@Sydney
Yep, just check the ‘power on behavior’ setting for your bulb. Especially for some of the Chinese brands.

I can confirm that Sengled bulbs don’t have this feature. If you can get Inovelli bulbs, they do have it.

Which brand of smart bulbs are you using? Different brands and models have different options.

Reed said:
Which brand of smart bulbs are you using? Different brands and models have different options.

I’m using Antela smart bulbs, model E27.