Can anyone help identify these sensors (and maybe the brand)?

I wouldn’t recommend messing with it, but you could unscrew one part from the door and open it to check the magnet inside. Or, you could remove it, reseal it, and put it back. The owner might be confused when the sensor stops working! But again, I don’t suggest it—you could get into legal trouble for tampering with it.

These are entry sensors. It’s just a magnet that keeps a circuit open when a door or window is closed. When the door opens, the magnet can’t hold the circuit open, so the switch closes, sending a signal to the alarm system. Most alarms are time-based and will only trigger during certain hours.

These are simple open/close magnetic sensors. What exactly are you trying to do?

Timothy said:
These are simple open/close magnetic sensors. What exactly are you trying to do?

They’re on the doors in my apartment complex, and I need to get out without the system notifying the building owner or I’ll get fined.

@Aurora
Wait, what??

@Aurora
What in the world? Just stick a magnet on it and call it a day.

ruthjohn said:
@Aurora
Can you explain this a bit more?

Yeah, I’m curious why you can’t leave your apartment. This sounds wild.

Anna said:

ruthjohn said:
@Aurora
Can you explain this a bit more?

Yeah, I’m curious why you can’t leave your apartment. This sounds wild.

It’s probably because the landlord says so. This sounds like a joke. No adult would follow these ‘rules’ unless it’s some government facility.

@Aurora
How long is your prison sentence? This sounds crazy.

@Aurora
Please, do elaborate. I need more details on this situation.

@Aurora
They can’t ‘fine’ you for leaving or entering. Are you 12 or something?