Best Motion Sensor Camera Recommendations

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to beef up my home security and thinking about getting a motion sensor camera. Anyone have recommendations for a good one? I’m looking for something reliable with clear video quality. Any tips or personal faves?

Seems like the ideal application for a doorbell camera. August, Nest, Ring, skybell, etc.

However, it isn’t always inexpensive. Given that you did not mention budget, I will let you handle that.

Additionally, I’m quite confident that standard motion sensors—passive infrared, or PIR—won’t function properly through glass, so you’d either need an external camera or something that detects motion based on changes in image rather than heat signatures, or you’d need something outside the door, like the smart doorbell mentioned above.

However, Blink XT is an other alternative if you didn’t want to use a doorbell. It’s not inexpensive either, but it’s one-time only, and it comes with free cloud storage.

Hello, Alex_1.
I did not select Blue Iris because it did not integrate with HA. iSPY Connect Agent DVR does. I have Amcrest cameras with some very nice automation that Blue Iris cannot accomplish.

I’ve been using blue iris and Amcrest cameras and to be honest, I have been happy with them.