Best indoor and outdoor security cameras?

PeacefulHomestead said:
Arlo is not an option. Their wireless cameras are terrible. The wired ones are okay, though. I’m looking for something reliable for both indoor and outdoor use. Any suggestions?

Lots of good options out there. How much are you looking to spend, and how many cameras do you need?

Smith said:

PeacefulHomestead said:
Arlo is not an option. Their wireless cameras are terrible. The wired ones are okay, though. I’m looking for something reliable for both indoor and outdoor use. Any suggestions?

Lots of good options out there. How much are you looking to spend, and how many cameras do you need?

I don’t really have a budget, but I want something rental-friendly. Probably 3 or more cameras.

PeacefulHomestead said:

Smith said:
PeacefulHomestead said:

I don’t really have a budget, but I want something rental-friendly. Probably 3 or more cameras.

Most of the systems I recommend involve wiring.

Smith said:

PeacefulHomestead said:
Smith said:
PeacefulHomestead said:

I guess that’s okay. I’ll check with the landlord, but most security systems do require wiring. Do the wires need to run all around the house to connect to a base?

PeacefulHomestead said:

Smith said:
PeacefulHomestead said:
Smith said:
PeacefulHomestead said:

I guess that’s okay. I’ll check with the landlord, but most security systems do require wiring. Do the wires need to run all around the house to connect to a base?

It depends. If you go wireless, you’ll need to run a power wire to each camera unless you want to deal with recharging batteries. For wired cameras, you’d run cables from each one to the main recorder.

PeacefulHomestead said:

I installed a Reolink system, and while it’s not the cheapest, it’s been great. Definitely worth checking out.

PeacefulHomestead said:

I get why you’re not happy with Arlo. I’d recommend the Swann 4K system. Good video quality, and it’s pretty easy to set up. Hope that helps!

PeacefulHomestead said:

I’ve heard good things about Blink.

PeacefulHomestead said:

Zmodo cameras are pretty good for the price. They’re plug-in, though, not battery-operated. The 1080 indoor cameras work well for both inside and outside, and there’s no monthly fee unless you want cloud storage.

PeacefulHomestead said:

Totally agree with you on Arlo. I got them for the wireless feature but ended up buying power cords because swapping out the batteries was a pain. That totally defeated the purpose. The video looks good until you try to zoom in, and then it gets all blurry. The connection to the hub keeps dropping too. I wish I’d gone with something better.

Have you decided on a new system yet? If so, what did you go with?

PeacefulHomestead said:

I’d go with Google Nest or Blink.