Best home automation ideas or products that enhance, not replace, traditional use?

Hey guys, I have just moved into a new house and I am excited to start some home automation projects. I want to add smart features that I will enjoy, but I also need them to be user-friendly for anyone who visits and to work even with a poor internet connection.

For example, Lutron smart switches and dimmers are great because they offer scheduling and voice control while still functioning like regular switches. However, Philips Hue bulbs can be tricky with traditional switches if you need them to behave in specific ways. Another idea is to install a smart motor for roller shades, but I’m concerned that it might limit my ability to manually adjust the blinds when needed.

What are some home automation products or projects you’ve used that enhance the traditional home experience without completely replacing it?

Employing or utilizing Lutron smart switches and dimmers improves the experience because they function similarly to a standard light switch but also include scheduling and voice command possibilities.