Best fully wireless security camera system for a home?

What’s the best completely wireless security camera system for a regular house in the suburbs? I want something with no cables at all. Any recommendations?

Wireless cameras, especially battery-operated ones, don’t work that well. Battery cameras rely on low-power processors to detect motion, meaning they often miss things. They’re usually placed in easily accessible spots for recharging, which also makes them easy for someone to tamper with. Wireless systems can overload your Wi-Fi network, and interference is common.

If you want reliable cameras, you should consider running Cat5e or Cat6 cables. It’s more work, but you’ll get better video quality and reliability. Run the cables through your walls or along the eaves. It might take a weekend, but the result will be worth it.

Are you looking for battery-powered cameras?

EvansBrown130 said:

Yes, exactly! I need something with no wires at all. Do you have any suggestions?

DefendDomicile said:

EvansBrown130 said:

Yes, exactly! I need something with no wires at all. Do you have any suggestions?

What did you end up getting? I had the Blink wireless video doorbell, but the battery died every three days. It also felt too obvious to place on an apartment door.

I’ve been happy with my Blink system. It’s wireless, though I do have a wired system as backup just in case. Both have worked well for me.

I use the newer Reolink cameras with solar panels for my suburban home. I once had a conversation with my neighbor through it while I was in Ireland!

I’ve had good luck with the Ring cameras. They’re wireless and easy to set up. Just keep in mind there may be some ongoing fees depending on the features you want. It’s worth checking out some reviews before making a decision.

DefendDomicile said:
What’s the best completely wireless security camera system for a regular house in the suburbs? I want something with no cables at all. Any recommendations?

Battery-powered wireless cameras can’t always guarantee stable performance because of battery limitations and signal issues. You might want to try a plug-in Wi-Fi camera system instead. It still requires fewer cables than a PoE system, but offers better reliability. I recommend the Reolink RLK12-800WB4.

DefendDomicile said:

I’ve had two Ring battery-powered cameras at my rental house, and they’ve worked great. The batteries are recharged by solar panels, and I’ve never had an issue, even in cloudy weather.

DefendDomicile said:

I’ve got a Camius wireless camera system. It comes with 8 channels, no wires, and runs off batteries. I run mine offline, connected to a TV, and it records 24/7. The cameras are 4K too!

DefendDomicile said:

There’s no truly perfect wireless option. Battery-powered cameras tend to sacrifice image quality and reliability for convenience. Wireless systems are mostly just toys. I like Reolink, though. Their 4-camera system with a 6TB hard drive is about $600 and offers good features like AI and vehicle detection.

Williamson said:

DefendDomicile said:

There’s no truly perfect wireless option. Battery-powered cameras tend to sacrifice image quality and reliability for convenience. Wireless systems are mostly just toys. I like Reolink, though. Their 4-camera system with a 6TB hard drive is about $600 and offers good features like AI and vehicle detection.

I have some issues with my Laview wireless cameras—my neighbors seem to be getting into my system and deleting footage. I’ve changed my email and passwords but they still get in. I’m looking for something with better security.

HavenGuard said:

Williamson said:
DefendDomicile said:

I have some issues with my Laview wireless cameras—my neighbors seem to be getting into my system and deleting footage. I’ve changed my email and passwords but they still get in. I’m looking for something with better security.

I’ve been installing Reolink for businesses for years, and I’ve never had any security issues with them.

Williamson said:

HavenGuard said:
Williamson said:
DefendDomicile said:

I’ve been installing Reolink for businesses for years, and I’ve never had any security issues with them.

That sounds promising. I think someone cloned my email because they keep getting access no matter how many times I change it. I’ll definitely look into Reolink.