Best Flood light with camera

Hey there, I want lights for outside my house to make it safer, but I can’t find any that have everything I need:

• They should use LED lights so they don’t waste power.
  • They should turn on when they sense movement, so they don’t stay on all the time.
  • They should turn on automatically when it gets dark and turn off when it’s light again.
  • It would be good if they could be powered by the sun, but it’s okay if they can’t because sometimes there isn’t enough sunlight.
  • They shouldn’t cost too much money.
  • And it would be nice if they looked good.

Do you have any ideas?

1 Like

Finding outdoor security lights that tick all the boxes can be tricky. But don’t worry, I’ve been researching and there are definitely options that hit most, if not all, of your needs. Here’s the breakdown:

Energy Efficiency and Motion Sensors:

• LED Lights are Key: Absolutely! LED lights are super energy-efficient, lasting way longer than traditional bulbs and using much less power. This saves you money on your electricity bill in the long run.
  • Motion Sensors are Your Friend: These are fantastic for security and saving energy. The lights only turn on when they detect movement, which deters potential intruders and keeps the lights off when you don’t need them.

Automatic On/Off and Solar Power:

• Dusk-to-Dawn Sensors: These are a great option for automatic operation. The lights turn on at dusk and shut off at dawn, providing nighttime security without wasting power during the day.
  • Solar-Powered Lights: If you’re looking for an eco-friendly option, solar-powered lights are a good choice. They soak up the sun’s rays during the day and use that energy to light up at night. However, keep in mind that on cloudy days or in areas with limited sunlight, they might not be as bright or reliable. In that case, having a backup option with a wire connection is a good idea.

Cost and Aesthetics:

• Price Range: There are lights to fit most budgets. Simple motion-activated LED lights can be very affordable. The price goes up with features like solar power, cameras, and multiple lights.
  • Looks Matter Too: Security lights come in various styles, from sleek and modern to more traditional designs. You can find lights that complement the look of your house.

Here are some options to consider based on your priorities:

• Most Bang for Your Buck: A wired LED motion sensor light is a great all-rounder. It’s energy-efficient, deters intruders, and is usually quite affordable.
  • Completely Wire-Free: Solar-powered lights with motion sensors are perfect for easy installation anywhere you get sunlight. Just be aware of their limitations on cloudy days.
  • All in One: Floodlights with built-in cameras offer top-notch security and can even record footage. However, they are on the pricier side.

I recommend browsing online retailers or visiting a hardware store to see the variety of lights available. They’ll have options that fit your needs and budget, and you can probably find a style that complements your home.

Remember, the most important thing is to have well-lit entryways and vulnerable areas around your house. That will deter potential intruders and give you peace of mind.

2 Likes

Hey, that is entirely a whole heap of specifications. A bulb with all those specifications will be almost impossible to get by I have come up with some recommendations:

• LUTEC 72W 6300LM LED Security Lights: These lights have a motion sensor and are equipped with dusk-to-dawn features. They are energy-efficient with LED lighting.
  • LEPOWER 45W Flood Lights: This bulb is another considerable option with motion sensor capability, these lights also have a dusk-to-dawn function, are waterproof, and provide 4800LM brightness.
  • LED Security Lights 30W 3500LM: With an adjustable 3-mode setting, these lights are IP65 waterproof and offer a 5700K color temperature for daylight-like lighting. They are priced at about $31.991.
  • EMANER Dusk-to-Dawn Security Lights: These dual-head rotatable LED floodlights come with a motion sensor. They are also waterproof and provide a daylight white light.

Before you purchase any bulb make sure to visit your dealer for more professional advice on your preferred specifications

A floodlight camera is a security gadget that integrates a motion-activated floodlight with a surveillance camera.
Its purpose is to offer both powerful illumination and video surveillance in outdoor settings.
Typically, the camera is affixed to a wall or eave, with the floodlight positioned beneath it.

For homeowners, having a floodlight and camera combined in one device truly presents an ideal setup.
Security cameras serve as effective crime deterrents, while smart lighting effectively deters potential intruders.
However, don’t just take our word for it.

A floodlight on CCTV is a security feature that integrates a motion-activated floodlight with a surveillance camera.
It serves to provide both bright illumination and video monitoring in outdoor locations. Typically installed on a wall or eave, the camera is positioned above the floodlight to optimize visibility and security.