Best Door Locks

What deadbolt/door lock should I get?

Hi everyone! So last night, someone broke into my house. They opened the door lock, but thankfully, the alarm scared them off. This incident reminds me that I should change my locks because they’re more than 10 years old. Do you have any recommendations for good locks that people in our community like?

The Godrej Locks 5808 seems to be the best option as it has the highest Amazon rating of 4.2 out of 5.
It is always a good idea to consider both ratings and reviews when making a decision, but in this case, the Godrej Locks 5808 stands out as the top choice among the options listed.

Hold on a sec about the Godrej lock. Good ratings are great, but they’re just one piece of the puzzle. Research other options and what people say in the reviews before deciding!

1 Like

Hi @Mason! I’m sorry to hear about the break-in, but I’m glad the alarm system worked. Upgrading your locks is a wise decision, especially after such an incident.

Here are some highly recommended locks that could enhance your home security:

1. Schlage BE365 CAM Camelot Keypad Deadbolt: This electronic keypad lock is convenient, allowing up to 19 unique codes and comes with a backlit keypad. It’s a good balance between traditional and modern locks.

2. Medeco Maxum Residential Single Cylinder Deadbolt: Known for its resistance to forced entry, this lock is a top choice for security-conscious homeowners.

3. Yale Assure Lock 2: A smart lock option that’s well-regarded for its ease of use and integration with smart home systems.

4. Kwikset 660 Keyed Deadbolt With SmartKey: Offers good security at a more affordable price point and the convenience of re-keying the lock yourself.

Remember to consider your specific needs, such as whether you prefer traditional keys, keypads, or smart locks that you can control with your phone. It’s also a good idea to consult with a professional locksmith who can provide personalized recommendations based on your home’s requirements.

These are some of the best-liked:

1. Medeco Maxum- The best security-wise

2. Schlage B60N626- Installing it is quite easy

3. Wright Products Serenade Mortise Set- Works best for storm Doors

4. Kwikset 980 with SmartKey- Budget-friendly

Deadbolt door locks represent the most secure category of key locks and are frequently installed on exterior house doors.
They are categorized as single or double-cylinder locks, graded by strength from Grade 1 to Grade 3.
Grade 1 offers the highest level of security, making it the preferred choice for optimal protection.

Five-lever mortice deadlocks are a superior bit of security for any wood door.
They’re easy to lock with a key from the inside or outside, moving five interior levers securely into place.
Those five levers foil most thieves’ attempts to drill or pick their way into your home.

Deadbolt locks are the most secure type of key lock, often installed on exterior house doors.
They come in single and double-cylinder options, graded from Grade 1 to Grade 3 based on strength. Grade 1 offers the highest level of security.