Are Temu cameras worth using and safe?

I’m thinking of connecting Temu cameras to my guest wifi (eero router), so I believe that would be safe enough. But are these cameras any good? Are they easy to use, and do they come with their own app or do I need to use extra software with them?

I’m mostly just curious and not planning to use this setup anytime soon.

Thanks!

1 Like

Temu and quality or safety don’t go together.

1 Like

Luchivya said:
Temu and quality or safety don’t go together.

Temu reminds me of Harbor Freight years ago. You get what you pay for, probably a single-use item. I wouldn’t trust them for safety or security-sensitive things like cameras connected to the internet.

You could find the same stuff on Amazon for a higher price.

Though, I’ve bought some more expensive items from Temu that seem well-made. The outside looks great, but we don’t know about the internal parts like the batteries. Could they catch fire? No idea. But at first glance, they seem well done.

Temu stuff is low-quality. I wouldn’t trust it.

Even if it’s on a separate network, I’d assume someone could still access the stream if there’s internet involved.

Also, I’d be concerned about the safety of the app they make you install on your phone.

Temu cameras have hardware backdoors. If someone wanted to, they could access and see what’s going on…

That’s without even talking about the shady apps they want you to use.

1 Like

Mickey said:
I’m thinking of connecting Temu cameras to my guest wifi (eero router), so I believe that would be safe enough. But are these cameras any good? Are they easy to use, and do they come with their own app or do I need to use extra software with them?

I’m mostly just curious and not planning to use this setup anytime soon.

Thanks!

Check out this video: https://youtu.be/5jG-1FfGx5c?si=tHMxjR6qt0Unn2FP
It explains how Temu sells such cheap, low-quality items.