Are solar security cameras any good?

I have highly bright spots surrounding my property where I want to install security cameras and am considering employing solar ones. I live in the Northeast, where it gets cold. What say you?

When you can not run power or POE to a location, wired connections are usually better, especially if you need a clear, continuous image.If the solar camera is just an extra to a complete CCTV system or for non-essential uses, it can still work well.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on the factors that contribute to the better image quality of wired connections in comparison to solar cameras?

1 Like

I have the Eufy S330ā€™s with integral solar panel on the top, and the same instruction, that with 2hrs sun, they will sustain themselves. Gotta say Iā€™m impressed, all four cameras, even through winter and snow, always show 100% charge. In fact, one of the cameras is inside the house, in a north facing window with a considerable eave in front of it, and it still shows 100 percent charge, and all it gets is indirect light, no direct sunlight.

1 Like