Are Digital Picture Frames a Security Risk?

I’ve been considering getting a digital picture frame to display family photos, but I’ve heard some concerns about their security. Can anyone share their experiences or knowledge about potential risks, especially with Wi-Fi-enabled frames? Are there specific brands or models that are more secure, or any best practices to follow to ensure my personal photos and network remain safe?

Wi-Fi-enabled frames can be vulnerable if not set up properly. I made sure to choose a reputable brand like Nixplay, which offers good security features. I also secured my network with a strong password and regularly update the frame’s firmware. To be extra safe, I avoid using public Wi-Fi. From my experience, following these steps can really help keep your personal photos and network safe.

Once installed on a computer, the frames have the ability to carry code that records keystrokes, steals data, and calls out to other malicious code.

Hey there.

My husband and I tried two different ones, and each has its own problem. One is a pain in the ass to configure. Once configured, everything runs OK but does not consistently update.