Anyone have a favorite source for LED strip lights?

I tested one set of 2838 LEDs from Amazon for a crown moulding job and will most likely add them to all bedrooms. I will most likely use brighter 5050s on a dimmer.

Is anyone willing to share their favorite source for LEDs at AliExpress or Amazon?

1 Like

I bought my first set from Amazon and realized I could get the constituent parts from AliExpress for a bit of a low amount.

The first set I bought is branded as “Nexlux” but they are standard RGB 5050’s (waterproof, 5m), and come with a controller (wifi), remote, and Xformer brick.

Wanting to experience more, I bought a few more wifi-only RGB controllers (and wound up with a single RGBW controller-- their accident, not mine, but I bought some RGBWW for that, too).

I also find, personally, that they are not quite bright enough for several of my applications, so I’ve just used them where they’re appropriate.

I also add that they work pretty well with automation, except these controllers seem to tend to go offline from time to time. Not sure why, but they need to be power-cycled or even re-added to the system sometimes.