Any advice on how to mount a Nest Doorbell to metal door frame?

In a difficult situation. My new doorbell does not appear to be mountable. My door has a metal frame surrounding it that cannot be screwed into. Furthermore, windows surround either side of the doorway. There is basically nowhere to screw in the mounting plate. I tried a double-sided glue, but it peeled away after a few days. The doorway faces west, and because I am in Arizona, the heat can be severe. I considered magnets, however it appears that the plate is constructed of a nonmagnetic alloy.

Maybe I will try a stronger adhesive next time, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your doorframe presents a unique challenge. Here are some potential solutions:

Alternative Mounting Options:

• No-Drill Mounts: Some doorbell manufacturers offer no-drill mounts that use strong adhesive strips, which could be a viable option.
  • Temporary Mounting Solutions: You might use a sturdy, temporary stand or tripod to position the doorbell.
  • Professional Installation: If budget allows, a professional installer might be able to devise a creative solution.

Additional Tips:

• Weatherproofing: Given the Arizona heat, ensure any mounting solution is weatherproof to protect the doorbell.
  • Security: Consider the security aspects of a non-permanent mounting solution.

Have you checked that the signal gets through the metal ok before going to any more trouble?