Alula Bat Connect app not labeling zone for motion detector

Hey folks, I’m hoping someone here has dealt with this before. I recently updated my Napco P1632 panel before adding the Alula Bat Connect to enable zone doubling since I needed more zones than the original 8. The process went smoothly overall, and I added three new zones, including an extra motion detector, bringing my total to three detectors.

Here’s the issue: while the Alula app picked up the two original motion detectors just fine, it’s not recognizing the new one as a motion detector—it’s labeling it as a door instead. I used the Napco Quick Loader program to make all the updates, and I can’t find any differences in the settings between the new detector and the other two. The detector itself works perfectly with my system; it’s just the app that’s not labeling it correctly.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas on why the app might not be identifying the motion detector properly? Alula says the panel is supposed to communicate the zone info, but I can’t figure out what might be causing this issue. Any help would be appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Verify that the motion detector’s settings in the app are correct. It may be necessary to confirm that it is attributed to the appropriate zone.

After tinkering with alarm systems and integrating smart devices over the years, I’ve faced similar headaches when things don’t communicate as they should. In your case, it sounds like the Napco panel is handling everything fine, but the Alula app is mislabeling your new motion detector. Since you’ve already checked the settings through Quick Loader and confirmed the device is functioning properly, the issue might be with how the zone type is communicated or mapped in the app. Sometimes, these systems default to a specific zone type (like “door”) if the panel doesn’t fully relay the zone’s attributes. You could try reassigning the zone in Quick Loader or even temporarily removing and re-adding it in the app. Also, a full sync or refresh within the Alula interface might help it pick up the correct data. Worst case, Alula support could assist with any quirks related to how the zones are recognized. I’ve definitely been in that frustrating spot where everything’s working except for a small detail that throws things off!