Alarm panels and central alarm monitoring station communication?

Hey guys,

I am about to install a home alarm system and am trying to decide whether central alarm monitoring is worth it or if I should go standalone, where only I get the alerts. From what I have found, most alarm panels use the Contact ID protocol to notify central monitoring stations like ADT.

Do alarm panels only notify central stations when an event or alarm occurs? If so, would cutting the internet or phone line prevents the central station from receiving a notification?

Thanks

3 Likes

Installing your own cameras can provide evidence and help deter someone before they attempt to break in.

2 Likes

Cameras without an alarm system are essentially useless—you’ll end up with just a recording of your house being robbed to show your friends. :sob:

2 Likes

Yep, Garda/PSNI rarely use evidence to catch suspects unless they’re already interested. The footage might help with insurance claims, but insurers usually pay out without much hassle.

No, Eufy cameras have both a built-in alarm in the camera unit and an internal alarm from the internal home base unit