Aiwit doorbell camera saying offline... tried everything, still not working

My Aiwit doorbell camera has been showing as offline even after I charged it. I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps in the app and tried resetting it, but I still can’t get it back online. Every time I try to manually add it, it times out while scanning the QR code. Anyone else dealt with this?

I had the same problem with my Aiwit camera. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Sometimes just resetting the camera isn’t enough if the Wi-Fi is acting up.

Shawn said:
I had the same problem with my Aiwit camera. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Sometimes just resetting the camera isn’t enough if the Wi-Fi is acting up.

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!

I had issues with the QR code scan timing out too. What helped for me was moving the doorbell closer to the router during setup, just for better signal.

Kade said:
I had issues with the QR code scan timing out too. What helped for me was moving the doorbell closer to the router during setup, just for better signal.

I didn’t think of that. It’s pretty far from the router, so maybe the signal is weak. I’ll try moving it closer.

Make sure your Wi-Fi is running on 2.4 GHz, not 5 GHz. Most of these doorbells only work with 2.4 GHz networks.

Lenox said:
Make sure your Wi-Fi is running on 2.4 GHz, not 5 GHz. Most of these doorbells only work with 2.4 GHz networks.

Good point. I’ll check that. Thanks!

If you’ve done all that and it’s still not working, it could be a firmware issue. I had to update mine before it would connect again.

Reece said:
If you’ve done all that and it’s still not working, it could be a firmware issue. I had to update mine before it would connect again.

I’ll look into the firmware update. Appreciate the tip!

When mine was acting up, I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling it. That fixed the connection issue for me.