ADT System Issues

I recently ran into some problems with my ADT Home Security system, which I originally got through my builder in a contract with Safe Streets. When I contacted ADT for service, they informed me that my system is no longer supported and that I would need to upgrade.

The issue is that my main entry and thermostat are integrated with the system, and now I can’t access the console or the web interface. I’m not interested in continuing with ADT, but I need to find another service provider who can help me get everything, including my Honeywell thermostat, up and running again.

If anyone has gone through a similar situation or has advice on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Here’s an image of the setup.

I totally get the frustration. I had a similar issue with my old system and ended up switching to a new provider who could handle everything, including my thermostat. Check out companies like Vivint or Frontpoint—they might be able to integrate your Honeywell thermostat and get you sorted.

It seems that you already have a tech in place. How is that useless service? Which panel are you using?