ADT Control or ADT+ which one should I go for

I was sold the older ADT Control panel system because they said my house was too big for ADT+. But now I see none of my Google devices work with the older app or setup. Also, the sensors are huge and look awful. Did I get tricked? Should I return it and ask for ADT+ even though they said my house might be too big?

If it’s not too late, try to get your money back and don’t look back.

@Calvine Why do you say that? I think I still have 30 days to return, hopefully.

@David It’s a lot to explain, but if you search ADT on this forum, you’ll see plenty of stories that explain why.

@Calvine I went with the pro install contract. Do you think it’s too late?

@David I don’t know, but you’ll probably have a tough time trying to cancel.

@Calvine I think I rushed into this. My wife wanted security while I travel for work. Now I’m paying $55 a month for a ‘smart home’ system, but the only thing that works with the ADT Control app is the lock they sold me. What is going on?

@David Sounds like you got ripped off. I hope you can cancel it. After that, invest in a good camera setup and find basic door and window alarms.

@Calvine How did he get ripped off paying $55 a month for monitored security with one of the biggest companies?

@SentinelSanctuary Well, size isn’t everything. You should really check out the feedback on ADT here in this forum, it’ll make you think twice about using any security service.

@Calvine But what good are cameras and alarms if the police aren’t alerted when someone’s breaking in?

@SentinelSanctuary [no text]

Are you still within the 3-day cancellation period? If so, I would suggest canceling and upgrading.

The new ADT+ should cover any home that the ADT Control can. I don’t install them, but from what I’ve heard, ADT+ should be able to handle bigger homes.

If you’re past the 3-day mark, you’d have to pay for both the old system and the new one, and I wouldn’t recommend that.

If you didn’t buy the equipment, you should ask sales how much the upgrade would cost.

@Gerald I can cancel by 9/12 at midnight. Should I reach out to the sales rep and tell them I want the other system? They’ve already installed over 20 sensors.

@David Honestly, you’re better off canceling the whole thing. ADT is bad in almost every way. If you search this forum, you’ll see a lot of horror stories.

You can try contacting your sales rep, but they might try to avoid you until the cancellation window passes. You should call ADT directly and cancel.

Your contract probably has a specific cancellation process. Make sure you follow it along with calling them. This might involve sending an email or even a physical letter. If it does, make sure it’s postmarked before the deadline and consider sending it by certified mail.

Expect to spend a long time on the phone, being transferred and possibly disconnected, but it can be done. If you cancel within the three days, they’ll send someone to take the equipment back.

@David I’d call 1-800-238-2727, choose option 6, and follow the instructions. Make sure to select cancel and residential service. Also, check if it was installed by ADT or a dealer—the dealer’s number will be on your contract.

Once you cancel, if it’s through ADT, they’ll arrange for someone to come and remove the equipment. If you explain what you want, they might switch it out for the newer system, but start the cancellation process so you don’t miss the deadline.

If you have issues, you can always buy a DIY system and call ADT to get a touchscreen for it. You have a 30-day trial with DIY systems, so if you don’t like it, you can return it.

While a lot of people complain about ADT, make the choice that’s best for you. I’m happy with my ADT system, but I know many people aren’t.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

@Gerald They installed over 20 sensors, and I spoke to support, and they also said my house is too big for ADT+. I don’t know who to trust.

How big is your house?

@Unclewaffl3s It’s over 3000 square feet.