Ademco Vista 20 Chime Programming

I have an unmonitored Vista 20 system in my house, and all my monitored windows and doors are grouped in Zone 1. I originally installed and programmed the system several years ago and still have all the passwords.

Currently, when I activate the Chime feature, all three keypads in the house chime whenever anything in Zone 1 is opened, which was my initial goal.

Now, I’m wondering if it’s possible to configure the system so that all keypads continue to chime for Zone 1, but only one of the three keypads chimes for a specific door.

Alternatively, if I move this specific door to a separate zone (like Zone 2), could I set up the system so that only one keypad chimes for both Zone 1 and Zone 2, while the other two keypads chime only for Zone 1? If this is possible, could you guide me through the programming steps?

Thanks!

On some Vista versions, you can disable the chime on a per keypad basis

Thanks for that info, but that is not exactly what I want to do. I want one keypad to chime for zone 1 and zone 2 and the other two keypads to only chime for zone 1. Is this possible? Would a zone group help?

That starts to get more complicated, I believe it can be done, but you’d need to partition the panel.

Yes, I have been reading up on this a bit more and I think I understand.

All my doors and windows are presently programmed as independent hardwired zones in partition 1.

So I think things would go like this:

Set up zones for all doors and windows etc, (except for the garage door) as partition 1.

Set up the garage door zone as partition 2.

Set up main keypad for partition 1. This would then only chime when zones in partition 1 are opened.

Set up secondary keypad for partition 3 (common). This would then chime when zones in partition 1 and partition 2 are opened.

Then I could set any additional keypads to whatever partition I wanted.

Can someone verify if this is that how this could be done?